Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave[_85_] Dave[_85_] is offline

Default Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick subtract sum of cells below top cell

Hello All,

My first post on this forum.

In cells B2 to X21 I have a range of calculations that I use to work out the axle spacings of trucks.

Column B Column C Column D Column E Column F Column G
3885 1370 8200 1220 1220 = 4810 + 1000
= 1370/2 50 1220
3200 = 1370/2 = 1380/2
1220 3900
6245

Whe
Axle 1 to 2 = 3885 - 685 = 3200
Axle 2 to 3 = 1370
Axle 3 to 4 = 8200 - 50 - 685 - 1220 = 6245 OR 8200 - SUM(D3:D5) = 6245
Axle 4 to 5 = 1220
Axle 5 to 6 = 1220
Axle 6 to 7 = 5810 - 1220 - 690 = 3900 OR 5810 - SUM(G3:G4) = 3900

The first/top cell is the overall spacing between the axle groups.
A truck operator may just provide the spacing to the centre of the dolly or truck body, which means I need to work out the spacing for each of the axle groups.

I have found many, many instances of Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick macros where you select the cell below and the double click will SUM all of the values above to a blank cell.

As some of my spacing calculations are formulas some of these SUM macros do not work.

I have other calculations below the range B2 to X21 so I would like to restrict the Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick to just this range and also only apply to the double clicked cell.

The Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick should use the top/first cell of each contiguous range and subtract the sum of all the values below.

I am hoping this all makes sense.

Regards, Dave