Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default Moving a number

I wrote:

programmernovice wrote:

I tried your suggested syntax for moving a number into a different
sheet. My statement is:

Range("M12").Value = Sheets("stocks").Range("c2").Value

"M12" refers to the active sheet. "Stocks" is another open sheet.
Cell "C2" contains a number. When I run it, I get the error message

The contents shouldn't matter; that code should copy whatever is in
stocks!c2 to [activesheet]!m12, whether it's a formula, number, plain
text, or nothing. Should.

Er... not the formula, just the results of it. Derp. Copying the formula
would require using the .Formula property, of course.

--
Nah, I just love pushing people's buttons.