Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default Last date edited - in a single cell to be updated every time a sheet is edited.

meleady420 wrote:

[snip]
Thanks alot for your help but i cant get this working.
Any advice much appreciated.
- I am in a macro enabled workbook
- Alt F11
- Copy and past the test above
- Alt Q

Am i missing any steps?

I have tried then using Alt F8 and changed A1

* Did you allow macros to run? (Security settings might prevent them from
running.)

* Did you put it in the workbook's ThisWorkbook object? (It *must* go there.)

* Is there already a Sub Workbook_SheetChange? (You'll have to merge them
together.)

* Did you ensure you were using only one of my subs at a time? (It's one or
the other, not both.)

* Did you actually make a change in a worksheet? (It's not magic; the code
won't fire unless you change some data, not just formatting. Select a blank
cell and hit the Del key.)

If you answered "yes" to all of the above, then try the page that Thibaud
Taudin Chabot linked to. It's a method I'd never heard of before,
specifically ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time").

--
She had not thought these words as she saw the humans coming to kill,
but it was in words that Ender understood her.