Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default VBA

malone wrote:

On 8-Nov-2020 11:06 am, Auric__ wrote:

[snip]
VBA is the only thing that keeps me on "modern" Excel. If they remove it,
I'll probably drop back to Office 2007. Or maybe 2000, the majority of my
code runs there.

...I might do that anyway.

I've been using Excel 2000 almost exclusively since 2000 or whenever it
first appeared. I've occasionally had to use a more "modern" version of
Excel and haven't liked it - I can't adjust to that ribbon.

VBA with Excel 2000 seems to do everything I need, and I am not aware of
any new feature in VBA in the more recent Excel versions from which I
could benefit. Can anyone provide a good reason for upgrading?

Only if you want to open spreadsheets in the .xlsx format.

I only upgraded to 2007 because my ex-sister-in-law gave me her old copy,
when she upgraded to... uh... whatever the next version was. I have 365 now
for various reasons.

--
Who are you to deny her reality in favor of your own?