Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default microsoft 365

On 25-Apr-2020 9:48 am, bill k wrote:
Is there a real benefit to get Microsoft-365 if to solve issues using VBA?

I'm using Excel 2000 and almost exclusively for the VBA because it's an
extremely simple programming facility. I have had cause to use more recent
versions of Excel and, as well as my aversion to the "ribbon", I've yet to
identify any feature of the VBA in the more recent versions that I need or
would benefit from.

So, if you have access to an older version of Excel, it may be that the
version in Office 365 won't offer you much advantage.

Note that xl2007 and earlier uses VBA6; - xl2010 and later uses VBA7. VBA6 has
some misbehaviors in Win8 and later due to Shell DLL changes in Windows!

Note that 64bit MS Office is only available in v2010 and later.

Note also that there is an addin that gives you the classic (early) menus and
toolbars on a custom Ribbon tab for those whom feel disoriented using the
Ribbon, available here...

https://www.addintools.com/office2010/professionalplus/

--
Garry