Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kope@dont_use.invalid kope@dont_use.invalid is offline

Default My own text using right click "New note"

Hi, and thank you for trying to solve my Excel problem.
Unfortunately, your suggestion has not helped when I right click and choose
"New note" (I had expected the special text to be inserted).
Instead of getting my special text I get the standard text with my name in
bold as usual. Your VBA works when I run it as a normal macro and so did my
own.

That means the problem is not the vba inserted in module1, but the VBA
inserted in "This workbook" that points to the module 1.
I hope you or somebody else will give it another try.

In fact, my worry is that Microsoft has discontinued the previously working
vba code in Office 365 when they introduced "New note" and "New comment".

Kind regards,
Kaj Pedersen