Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
programmernovice[_2_] programmernovice[_2_] is offline

Default Programmatic alternative to SendKeys

On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:40:41 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 1:28:28 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 12:44:02 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
Because I may need to turn on or off the data feed when I'm not around to
click it manually, which happens quite often. As an example, if the
market generating the numbers closes at a given hour, the feed must be
turned off just prior to the close, or else the numbers received after
the close are meaningless.

Ok, so how are you managing this when not at the computer?

--
Garry

With a simple Sendkeys macro (I have shown it in my original post). It
works sometimes, sometimes not. That's the reason I thought there may be
a "deeper" programmatic way to do it.

Thanks again.

You've only shown lines of code from your macro, not the entire macro code!

You can replace the SendKeys lines with code to call the individual Ribbon
controls that fire those events (start,pause,stop) if they are individual
menuitems. See here...

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section2.htm

--
Garry

Thanks Garry. That's the whole macro. I schedule it to activate at certain
hours of the day to turn the data stream on and off. Since it's really a
toggle between "start" and "pause", that's all I need.

I see!
Just so you know, all the RealTick videos I watched on YouTube show a window
with a title; - that suggests there's more to what you are doing with it than
you are letting be known here! What creates the Ribbon menus?

Also, my research finds that RealTick has been replaced with EZE EMS.

--
Garry

Indeed Garry, thanks for getting into it. RealTick is mostly used from the page you saw on YouTube, the real-time data ia fed into that page.

However, upon installation there's an option which works with Excel, it is in fact one of the very few programs that do this, I've been using it for years. The data is called from formulas entered into Excel, and updates in real-time as well. The numbers are then manipulated by the user (myself) within Excel. I like it because it allows me to do my own analysis and not depend on some "canned" program. As I mentioned, it sits on the ribbon as "Realtick ©".

My version of the program is RealTick EMS 11.2, I believe it provides (upon installation, of course) the most recent version of RealTick for Excel.

Thanks again for always taking time to help me out. If I may say so, you're one hell of a teacher.