Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Programmatic alternative to SendKeys

On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 12:44:02 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
Because I may need to turn on or off the data feed when I'm not around to
click it manually, which happens quite often. As an example, if the market
generating the numbers closes at a given hour, the feed must be turned off
just prior to the close, or else the numbers received after the close are
meaningless.

Ok, so how are you managing this when not at the computer?

--
Garry

With a simple Sendkeys macro (I have shown it in my original post). It works
sometimes, sometimes not. That's the reason I thought there may be a
"deeper" programmatic way to do it.

Thanks again.

You've only shown lines of code from your macro, not the entire macro code!

You can replace the SendKeys lines with code to call the individual Ribbon
controls that fire those events (start,pause,stop) if they are individual
menuitems. See here...

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section2.htm

--
Garry