Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_8_] Peter T[_8_] is offline

Default Web query and script errors

"Robert Baer" wrote in message

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hd9znuwjh8...ry-1.jpg?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqrpymh2ml...ry-2.jpg?raw=1

* So this is eXplicitly stating that that version of IE is crap.
One can run IE11 in Win7 reasonably well and it seems to be compatible
for older "needs", and should work "normally" in Win10.
I do not keep up with this newer M$ crap, but i think "Edge" s the next
one.
If you system has some version of Win10 it may take Edge and run it in
compatibility mode.

Experiment.
Since the program is 200% Micro$uck, you are stuck with use of (on of)
their browsers.

Whilst you've obviously got your own very strong reasons for disliking IE I
think it's misplaced to rely on them for making conclusions about the
particular issue here, at least without relevant evidence to support for the
particular issue with the Excel web query. The web page loads fine in IE in
Win7 and Win10 so the issue is clearly not specifically an IE 'browser'
problem as you assert.

I tested in Win10 + Excel 365, there was no indication of which engine or
whatever behind the scenes it uses to extract data from a web query,
presumably Edge perhaps with some IE but no way to tell.

From what I can make out here the problem is this metatag in the web page:
X-UA-Compatible content= IE=Edge

However from a quick search maybe the problem would be solved the tag in the
html was replaced with this:

Only a guess!

Peter T