Posted to alt.computer,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Baer Robert Baer is offline

Default Excel print object?

Zaidy036 wrote:
On 2/15/2020 1:59 AM, Robert Baer wrote:
GS wrote:
GS wrote:
GS wrote:
Computers are supposed to be able to automate repetitive
(programming) tasks.
** I create 200 different "Picture 3" (fifth iobj) and need to
print each one.
** But i cannot print even one without code to do that.
** For me to screen capture each one is manifestly stupid for me.

** Do you have any clue as to what excel code to use for
printing that object?

What I do with ScreenCapture has nothing to do with what you want
to do print-wise. IF YOU PUT A PAGE BREAK AFTER EACH IMAGE as I
suggested and use normal print process, individual pages will be
printed ONE IMAGE PER PAGE!

** One has to GET the image first. At present i have no way to
transfer the fifth iobj as an image to anything, so it is moot.

Not understanding your meaning here; - if the image is already on a
worksheet then just follow its position with a PageBreak so the
normal printing process outputs 1 image per page. Isn't this what
you want?

** What is "follow its position"?
** So far, there is no "normal printing process"; i do not know what
method or process or ... to use for printing.

Ok, assuming your image objects are on a worksheet and are oriented
top-to-bottom, the cell where the image object is inserted should
also contain a PageBreak so when you use Excel's Print process there
will be one image object per page. (You'll be able to see this in the
PrintPreview pane)

*** There is only one object and it spans/covers a goodly number of
cells; it was inserted from* a file, and takes space like a chart.
** Therefore, a page break will have no effect - that would be behind
the image/picture.
** And there is no "PrintPreview pane", never ever seen one in 7 years.

** Stupid mmmmmmmm... what code is needed to print a chart?
** Perhaps i could fumble that to print either the object or the
picture, since those are the same image.

*** Thanks.

"Page Layout" "Page Setup" then small square with down/right arrow and
you will find PrintPreview

Again, what code is needed to print a chart?