Posted to alt.computer,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Baer Robert Baer is offline

Default Excel print object?

GS wrote:
Computers are supposed to be able to automate repetitive
(programming) tasks.
** I create 200 different "Picture 3" (fifth iobj) and need to
print each one.
** But i cannot print even one without code to do that.
** For me to screen capture each one is manifestly stupid for me.

** Do you have any clue as to what excel code to use for printing
that object?

What I do with ScreenCapture has nothing to do with what you want
to do print-wise. IF YOU PUT A PAGE BREAK AFTER EACH IMAGE as I
suggested and use normal print process, individual pages will be
printed ONE IMAGE PER PAGE!

** One has to GET the image first. At present i have no way to
transfer the fifth iobj as an image to anything, so it is moot.

Not understanding your meaning here; - if the image is already on a
worksheet then just follow its position with a PageBreak so the
normal printing process outputs 1 image per page. Isn't this what you
want?

** What is "follow its position"?
** So far, there is no "normal printing process"; i do not know what
method or process or ... to use for printing.

Ok, assuming your image objects are on a worksheet and are oriented
top-to-bottom, the cell where the image object is inserted should also
contain a PageBreak so when you use Excel's Print process there will be
one image object per page. (You'll be able to see this in the
PrintPreview pane)

There is only one object and it spans/covers a goodly number of
cells; it was inserted from a file, and takes space like a chart.
Therefore, a page break will have no effect - that would be behind
the image/picture.
And there is no "PrintPreview pane", never ever seen one in 7 years.

Stupid mmmmmmmm... what code is needed to print a chart?
Perhaps i could fumble that to print either the object or the
picture, since those are the same image.

Thanks.