Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Copy multi-line variable to first empty row

GS wrote:

Hi Garry,

Looks good - and impressively ambitious!

Some comments inline.

I'm still not quite there with Claus's latest macro. The baffling
problem is that I can run it OK on several test versions of WalkIndex
but not on that full file itself.

Because of that I have not yet had time to finish the outputs you asked
for but hope to do so tomorrow.

No rush! I'm following Claus' progress with code to read in data your source
file instead of Clipboard. He does good work so hang in there!

I'll try to generate a CSV from the GPX I have for Fowley-Polperro. Also, after
seeing your Clipboard source file example I've created a vertical list template
using value pairs (fieldname=value) similar to what you do now, but in an INI
file format as an alternative for use with single walk events. (Don't want to
overwhelm you with too much new stuff all at once!)

Hi Garry,

I've not yet got your email address so I'm posting here as I prepared
this yesterday as planned. If you have queries or need further
information please use the email address I sent you.

As requested for your VBA project, here's a list of my macro functions.

1. Inputs a GPX to GPSU. Like the example I sent you.

2. Prompts for short description of walk, tTrackDescr.

3. Offers option to reduce number of trackpoints.

4. If reduced, allows renaming of track and saves with tFileName =
tTrackName

5. Smooth's altitude data using filter = 4 and outputs an elevation
profile as a JPG. Here's an example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lj3ipwh07...Elev.jpg?raw=1

6. Outputs summary report. Like the example discussed in this thread.
Here's an example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n300ncvxmu...m8.3.txt?raw=1
(That should also help you as it includes the variable names assigned at
that point.

7. Sends calls to PaintShop Pro to enhance the GPSU elevation profile
and save it. Here's an example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tveyo50n9...9-PS.jpg?raw=1
Assigns the location as tPSlink,

8. Prompts user to choose a photo/video taken during the walk, from the
appropriate folder automatically presented (based on the first eight
characters of tTrackName). Assigns the location as tPhotoLink.

9. A finished walk map may have been prepared at this stage, partially
assisted by the macro. Whether or not it exists, a location is assigned
as tFWlink.

10. A new entry is added to WalkIndex.xlsm. Details already provided.

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Terry, East Grinstead, UK