Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Copy multi-line variable to first empty row

Claus Busch wrote:

Hi Terry,

Am Fri, 31 Jan 2020 18:31:33 +0000 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

I'm still struggling to find what I'm doing wrongly with Claus's last
code, but I think I'll put it aside for now and retire to the lounge for
a glass of white ;-)

you get the error when the cipboard is empty.

Regards
Claus B.

Thanks Claus, I'll follow up on that - maybe after dinner!

I must have changed something. Because as I said I *did* get one single
correct result (flaws apart). I assume you looked at my pasted code and
saw no variation?

Meanwhile, FWIW, the sequence of steps I take, with WalkIndex.xlsm (or
test equivalent) already open, is this:

1. Copy the 21 lines from my test editor. The first line is
20190919MarshGreen-B-r424-m4.4.gpx
and the last is

2. From your code, the first two lines of which are

Sub Claus()
'Gets external data from clipboard into variable tAll_VBA

I use F5.

3. That gives the debug message.

So, from what you say, somehow the clipboard is getting cleared before
your macro runs?

BTW, can you confirm which version of the variable tAll_VBA you are
using please. And which exact worksheet are you running it on?

Finally (no promises!) how does 'Montag' and the German decimal comma
get into the result?

Best wishes,

Terry, East Grinstead, UK