Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Copy multi-line variable to first empty row

GS wrote:

Incredible! Do you realise just how patronising you sound? Most of the
above evangelising, including your comment that I "...don't know of a
better way!" speaks more of your arrogance than my ignorance!

Terry,
I did not mean to offend, nor to discount the great progress you've made over
the years! Like I said, I can appreciate the years and expertise you have with
MXP so I'm just offering my years of experience and expertise with Excel
application development 'if you want to go that route'. (Given the tremendous
amount of effort/energy do this project with you would require from me, 'now in
my 28th year living with ALS', I don't offer my services to many much anymore!)

If I didn't have a good understanding of both your project concept as well as
your approach to it.., I would not have offered any assistance at all. I'm
sorry you have taken my meaning in poor light!

Garry,

Well, I'm sure your intentions were good - so peace!

My reaction was partly because you seemed to have little grasp of the
background I'd carefully described. I don't think you can have followed
some of my links which I think justify my '99%' comment.

That's not to say that this final step of getting the macro's finished
output into a neat Excel worksheet isn't important to me.

Nor is it to say that I wouldn't love to have been able to do it all in
a real programming language. But I'm not a programmer. I work at a
fairly accomplished level in MX Pro and in humble 'copy/paste/edit' mode
in VBA, Python and Arduino C/C++ (the latter for my electronics hobby).

I'm still struggling to find what I'm doing wrongly with Claus's last
code, but I think I'll put it aside for now and retire to the lounge for
a glass of white ;-)

Best wishes,

Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Friday 31 January 2020, 1831