Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Getting a variable's contents onto the clipboard

"GS" wrote in message ...
"GS" wrote in message
Yes, I've been using this in XP/W7. Haven't tried it on W10 but Peter's
suggestion to use the APIs makes sense given that DataObject is broken in
W10!

It's not particularly broken in W10 and it's fine in all my systems, incl
x64. The bug seems to affect some systems dating back to 2010x64 in W7,
further back than I recalled earlier. No excuse as I was involved in one
of the early threads about it, though as I couldn't repro it took a while
to appreciate there really was a bug.

Peter T

And, as we both know, it's always more reliable to work directly with APIs
given the nuances of VBA6/7 and the latter's PtrSafe requirements.

VBA7 doesn't actualy 'require' PtrSafe APIs, merely it can compile and use
them even in 32bit. It's Win64 that requires PtrSafe APIs and LongPtr (in
effect LongLong in x64) if/as necessary. Sorry if this sounds like
semantics...;)

Peter T

I already know this but thanks for clarifying for other readers, though!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc