Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_8_] Peter T[_8_] is offline

Default Getting a variable's contents onto the clipboard

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
Hi Garry,

Thanks, but isn't that the method I described in the post I referenced
from the
Excel Forum? As I said there, that fails in Windows 10, delivering nothing
when
pasted externally. Because of that 'bug' or whatever it is, also
referenced in that
thread.

Are you using Win 7 or earlier, under which that method *does* work?

Meanwhile as you see I do have the absurdly complex 'Win 8 and later'
method
working!

Best wishes,

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Without registering and logging into the site you cited it's not possible to
see any code, yours or suggested solutions, to understand anything about
what you're doing other than you've got some sort of problem with clipboard
text.

As it happens there is a relatively recent bug (from memory surfaced about 3
years ago) that affects the DataObject method with X64. Various solutions
have been suggested which appear to work for some, though probably best to
use the clipboard APIs.

Peter T