Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Formula to scan group of four cells?

zvkmpw wrote:

how would I write IF(This AND That are true, then do X, else do Y)

IF(AND(THIS, THAT), X, Y)

Many thanks, that's simpler than I expected!

This now works:
=IF(AND(K1<=0.6,K2<=0.6,K3<=0.6,K4<=0.6),A1,"")

And although it is obviously not as compact as your solutions, Claus, it has the big
attraction for me of being more intuitive. (Using it so infrequently, I've forgotten
quite a lot of the basics that I used to be comfortable with!)

I think I can now also see how to reduce it to your second example.

Re those messages, in this case hovering over the green triangle says "The formula
in this cell refers to a range that has numbers adjacent to it."

It's clearly not an error in this case. I've switched it off in 'File Options
Formulas Error checking rules' by unchecking 'Formulas which omit cells in a
region'.

A good learning exercise; thanks both ;-)

Terry, East Grinstead, UK