Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Formula to scan group of four cells?

Hi Terry,

Am Fri, 06 Sep 2019 17:03:26 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

That's strange, as it doesn't get changed here. All my numbers in col K are decimals
with one decimal point. I even tried formatting L the same, before pasting in your
formula, but it made no difference.

BTW, I'm puzzled why all the cells in L now have little green arrows (from either
formula) which I see means there is an error in the formula. Presumably I cam ignore
those?

when the separator doesn't change when you open my file your formats are
not correct in the WIndows control panel or you didn't have activated
"Use system separators" in the Excel options.

Sometimes it doesn't work to change text formatted numbers to real
numbers. Then click in the columns header = Data = Text to columns =
Fixed width = Finish.

I guess the errors come from text formatted numbers.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10