Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Formula to scan group of four cells?

Claus Busch wrote:

Hi Terry,

Am Fri, 06 Sep 2019 16:28:14 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

You entered my '0.6' as '0,6'. I assume you have Excel Options Advanced Decimal
separator set that way, the German standard?

Both now do exactly what I need, thanks so much ;-)

in Germany the decimal separator is a comma. But when the numbers are
correct formatted this comma will in your system change tu period.

Regards
Claus B.

That's strange, as it doesn't get changed here. All my numbers in col K are decimals
with one decimal point. I even tried formatting L the same, before pasting in your
formula, but it made no difference.

BTW, I'm puzzled why all the cells in L now have little green arrows (from either
formula) which I see means there is an error in the formula. Presumably I cam ignore
those?

Best wishes,

Terry, East Grinstead, UK