Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Formula to scan group of four cells?

I'm struggling with this and would much appreciate some expert help please.

I want to scan down a column of decimals and if any group has four numbers which are
all less than or equal to 0.6, then I want to copy a number from column A alongside
the first of those four cells. Hopefully my screenshot clarifies this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7ik9km0re...oups.jpg?raw=1

I've also uploaded an example of a worksheet which contains at least one other group
that qualifies.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34x1g5njn6...ple.xlsx?raw=1

I posted this yesterday on the Excel forum here
https://www.excelforum.com/excel-new...our-cells.html
but the suggested solution of the following formula copied down from L1
=IF(COUNTIF(K1:K4,"<0.4")=4, A1,"")
did not work.

Basically I just need to know how to construct a sort of 'combined IF'. Expressed at
its simplest, how would I write IF(This AND That are true, then do X, else do Y),
where This and That are values in separate cells?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK