Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Hyperlink to Hidden sheet

On Thursday, April 8, 2004 at 9:28:45 PM UTC+5:30, muziq2 < wrote:
Hi all,

I need to hyperlink to a hidden sheet inside the same workbook. My
hyperlink format is
=HYPERLINK("[filename]'sheetname'!A1","friendlyname")

The exact hyperlink is below.
=HYPERLINK("[0304HireTerm.xls]'Job Elimination'!A1","Job elimination")

The hyperlink function only works when the sheet is not hidden.
Someone provided me with the code below saying that it will open the
hidden sheet however I can't get it to work. Any other suggestions.
There are about 5 sheets that I want hidden until someone clicks on a
link to the sheet for more background detail.

Thanks,
Jeff

"Put this code in the worksheet module that has the hyperlink(s).

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
Worksheets(Left(Target.SubAddress, InStr(1, Target.SubAddress, "!") -
1)).Visible = xlSheetVisible
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Follow
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

---

Hello.. Here is my question .. what if i am using google sheets and i want to
put hyperlink on hidden sheet .. why it is asking to unhide the sheet first
and then click on Hyperlink.

Why do you think you should be able to click a hyperlink if you can't see it?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc