Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dpb dpb is offline

Default Sum product formula with conditions

On 7/19/2019 12:52 PM, Peter T wrote:

I wouldn't want to discourage your use of the N function, however I would
suggest others new this to consider using the 'double unary' as more
efficient.

How so?

Double unary is more direct; - the N() function has to evaluate and so carries that extra overhead.

I seriously doubt one could measure the difference in comparison to the
rest of the function--and the two negation operations are probably as
costly as the one store--in fact, good possibility the code boils down
to the same thing in the end.

One more function reference is in the noise level of the spreadsheet and
(imo) the clarity of intent is far more important for maintainability of
code going forward.

MS gave you a function for the job, use it... :)