View Single Post
  #18   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default Count the sum of multiply values in one cell, registered as partof a textcode, combine them per column and show the results in the next sheet

Claus,

ManyMany thanks the way you helped me out.

And just as with a nice diner.....there's sometimes the need for a nice dessert. In my case the dessert is the count of the cost based on the values for the headingnames in sheet.2 were for those names in sheet.3 a costvalue is registered (sheet.3 column.B is the name and column.D the cost).

Sheet.3; For Mister.X the value 50 is registered and for Mister.Y 100

What's nice to have (the dessert);

ps. In sheet.2 I had moved the column with the TextCodes to column.M.

In sheet.2 in column.J (perhaps you can give it the RangeName 'cost' so it can flow when inserting/deleting columns), I like to have the sum of the values for each column in the same row.

What you get is; Mister.X = value 10 - multiply with 50 from sheet.3 = 500. In the same record stands Mister.Y = value 6 - multiply with the value 100 in sheet.3 = 600.

This gives the sum of 500+600=1100. This should be then the value in column.J of that record in sheet.2.

If..... the name in sheet.2 isn't exist in sheet.3 column.B then, if there is a value registered in sheet.2, the cell should be marked red.

Another exception.... this count rule must only count if the last 2 digits of that record in sheet.2 column.M (thats the famous 'codes' RangeName) is "HR".

Is this a nice dessert or not. It should be great if I can enjoy this !! :)
ps. If easier you can make it a separate code to run.

And.... Thanks if possible to do (!)