znxm0i znxm0i is offline
Junior Member

Default How do I Find The MEDIAN IF My Formula Meets Criteria in Excel

Hello,

Can anyone show me how to write a formula that will find the MEDIAN of a group of numbers in one column related to specific criteria in another column? My business segment name data is located in column T and my days open numbers are located in column U. Below is the formula I've written thus far but I can't get it to work:

=MEDIAN(IF(QTR1_TA_TaleoData!$T$4:$T$170=QTR1_TA_T aleoData!$T$4:$T$170,"IOS",QTR1_TA_TaleoData!$U$4: $U$170))

Below is what I want the formula to do:

Look at the range $T$4:$T$170 on the QTR1_TA_TaleoData spreadsheet and find only those cells that contain a business segment name of IOS; once all the IOS business segment cells have been found, then tell me what the MEDIAN is for the numbers located in range $U$4:$U$170 on the QTR1_TA_TaleoData) spreadsheet for the IOS business segment.

Thank you.