Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lynn McGuire[_3_] Lynn McGuire[_3_] is offline

Default executing VBA macro in Excel from OLE

On 3/26/2019 3:01 PM, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 26/03/2019 18:46, Lynn McGuire wrote:
On 3/26/2019 12:47 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
How does one execute a VBA macro in Excel from OLE ?Â* I cannot get
the C++ code to work.

Thanks,
Lynn

BTW, I am using the C++ code from
Â*Â*Â* http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216686

I am calling AutoWrap with name of the VBA macro in the
visualBasicMacroName string.Â* I am getting an error that the
pDisp-GetIDsOfNames call in AutoWrap is not finding the VBA method.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*VARIANT result1;
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*VariantInit ( & result1);
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*std::string errorMsg = "Executing Visual Basic Macro, " +
visualBasicMacroName + " (ExecuteVisualBasicMacro)";
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*WCHAR methodName [1000];
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*charToWchar (visualBasicMacroName.c_str (), methodName, sizeof
(methodName) / sizeof (WCHAR));
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*AutoWrap (DISPATCH_METHOD, & result1, pExcelWorkbooks,
methodName, errorMsg, 0);

Is the VBA method in a 'module', i.e. not a sheet.

As a visibility test, can you call it from somewhere else, say PowerShell?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...with-arguments

FWIW, these days I'm a fan of controlling Excel from PowerShell instead
of VBA[1] inside, as I can reach out to a lot more connected systems.
That C++ looks scary, unless you have other reasons for being in that
environment.

[1] event handlers being an exception.

Yes, the VBA method is in a module. Huh, I could not get Excel to run
from the PS command. Wait, it is invisible and running. Not cool. But
I cannot get it to save the spreadsheet so I do not know if it ran the
macro.

Thanks,
Lynn