Old February 2nd 19, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] campbelldn16@gmail.com is offline

Default Count If Column A = x and Column B = y

On Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 10:39:46 AM UTC+10, Chin via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Trish, please try:

=COUNTIFS(A1:A100,"A",B1:B100,"B")

Please advise if that is what you were looking for.

Trish wrote:
I am trying to use the count function where two conditions in different
columns need to be satisfied and having no luck. Basically I want to look in
the first column to see if it's A, then look in 2nd column to see if it's B,
then count it... is that possible?

Hi Chin - this works great for two fields, but not for three do you know a workaround for this? Ie I want to count how many letters (Column A), sent to person (Column B), responded to Y or N (Columnn C) Thx