Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dpb dpb is offline

Default Check how date is entered

On 5/9/2018 10:32 AM, GS wrote:

Well, my solution is VBA automation of the process, which is not an
external tool. In essence, though, I agree that this part of Excel is
indeed not well thought out for things beyond general data import.

Was referring to (what I think is a 3rd party?) tool, fpSpread.ocx
DAGS for the filename and came up dry, though; who publishes it just out
of curiosity?

Could, in all likelihood even write wrapper glue code to drive it from
Matlab if one wanted to badly enough! :)

"Not well thought out" is a polite euphemism for "broke"? :)