Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] oand@bluenova.co.za is offline

Default How can I count items in a filtered list?

On Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 7:10:09 PM UTC+2, N Harkawat wrote:
=subtotal(2,a1:a1000)

"Counting filtered data." <Counting filtered
wrote in message
I have an excel spread sheet table that I filter. I would like to be able
count the number of cells in the filtered data. Anyone know how to do
this?
CountA returns the number of cells in the unfiltered data.
Tom

This worked for me, thanks! Simple easy solution. You can check in the help file for this function, you add "10" before the function code, in this case "2", thus input "102" to show only "visible" cells. Thus filtered or hidden cells are excluded from the count function.