Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default VBA - Importing Access Query into Excel using ADO

On Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 2:44:58 AM UTC-6, GS wrote:
On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 2:59:10 AM UTC-6, GS wrote:
You need to add a WHERE clause to your query so it pulls only the desired
records for the specified valuation year. Rather than write this for you, I
think it better that you review this database programming primer first so
you have a better idea of how ADODB works as well as how to work with it.

http://www.appspro.com/conference/Da...rogramming.zip

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Thanks for the zip file, Garry. Looks like I have a lot of research to do
before I dive in!

Best wishes...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Now that I have all this helpful information, I went back to Excel and Access to build the macro. The first thing I found out was that I can't find where the parameter is input in Access. The Access database is several years old, and the person who built it is no longer here.

I looked at the query I was trying to import into Excel, and could find no "Current Year" field, which is the parameter prompt. When I run the query in Access, the first thing that happens is a pop-up message box that shows this:

Enter Parameter Value ?
Current Year

I then enter 2017 and the query runs ok. However, I get exactly the same query results if I put in 2014 for the current year, which leads me to believe that the parameter has no effect, and it may be some kind of bug in Access.

I looked at the query in design view in Access, and I could find no field with the [Current Year] prompt. I also looked in the queries that feed this query, and could find no [Current Year] prompt.

Does anybody have any suggestions about where to go from here?