Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] shahnilima133@gmail.com is offline

Default wildcards in sumproduct functions

On Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 6:22:24 AM UTC+5:30, Pete_UK wrote:
You would need to use something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("ABC",A1:A10))), other conditions...)

i.e. you are looking to see if ABC is contained within any of the
cells in the range A1 to A10. You can use FIND instead of SEARCH if
the case of the text string is important.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 18, 12:38Â*am, K1 wrote:
I would prefer to use a wildcard for text criteria in sumproduct counting and
adding equations. Â*I have tried versions of "*ABC*" and get false values.

This is very useful formula thank you..