Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] altariqacma@gmail.com is offline

Default Cursor cell selection "won't release"

On Monday, November 23, 2009 at 5:03:01 AM UTC+4, Tom Hutchins wrote:
Another possibility is that you accidentally activated StickyKeys mode, which
causes the effect you described. Pressing the Shift key 5 times within a few
seconds toggles StickyKeys on/off.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"nitewowl" wrote:

This is happening within an open spreadsheet. Somehow I have accidentally
hit something or some combination of keys that makes the cursor "stuck" in
selection mode. I've tried escape, enter, and a variety of combinations like
control scroll and it just won't stop. I have had this happen before though
can't remember how we got it to stop. I will print out the answer if someone
is able to tell me the trick and it works. It is a very frustrating
situation because even if you contol-alt-delete and end the program, when you
restart Excel and open the spreadsheet, it is in the same status.

I appreciate all help. Thank you.

A lot of thanks TOM, one of the big problems is solved...otherwise always had to restart....