Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] adaking88@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Why can't I access the footer?

On Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 6:42:11 AM UTC-8, Marc Wood wrote:
I had the same problem. After poking around I found two ways to edit the footer.

1. Go to Page Layout tab. Under Gridlines and Headings, click the little arrow in the Sheet Options box. This will open the Page Setup dialong box.. Click Header/Footer tab and then click Custom Footer. This will allow editing of both the header and footer.

2. Click the "Office Button" and point cursor at Print, then choose Print Preview. Click on the Page Setup icon to bring up the Page Setup dialog box and click on Header/Footer, etc.

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:31 PM Renee wrote:

I have a standard footer in place on my worksheet and I want to customize it.
I cannot click on the footer, nothing happens (including that I cannot see the
"footer" id. If I try to select footer, it is grayer out but clearly I have a
footer. Help!

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:39 PM Luke M wrote:

Unlike Word, you cannot click on the footer to edit it.

Go to File- Page Setup, Header/Footer.
Change your footer using this dialogue.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Renee" wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:45 PM Bob I wrote:

You may "Edit" the header an footer in Page setup in Excel. Word allows
you to do what you are attempting.

Renee wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:48 PM Renee wrote:

I am sorry, I should have specified that I am using excel2007. This is not an
option there. I have tried to access the footer dialog and it is grayed out.

I am able to insert one of the standard footers but not make any
modifications to it.

"Luke M" wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:56 PM Bob I wrote:

Click Custom Footer.

Renee wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 3:07 PM Renee wrote:

it is not allowing me to see the edit box that normally happens. I can edit
the header but not the footer.

"Bob I" wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 4:33 PM Bob I wrote:

Is it only this worksheet, this workbook or any workbook new or saved?

Renee wrote:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
ASP.NET Drawing a chart using OWC11 - Office Web Components
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...omponents.aspx

Yes finally thanks