Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] sqwertbird@gmail.com is offline

Default Path/File access error: '.\VB??.tmp'

I also received the '\VB??.tmp'€ version of this error. Oddly I was able to use the macro on data from another folder, so what I ended up doing was copying the relevant data onto a folder on my desktop and that data was able to be used for the macro. I suppose if you have another user specific folder that you have access to, that should work too. There doesn't appear to be any reason why one folder is different than the other.

On Sunday, February 27, 2005 at 9:26:27 PM UTC-5, Tom01 wrote:
Hi,

I too have been experiencing this problem since I installed Office 2003.

In my case the problem was due to a lack of permission to create the
temporary file.

Let me explain.

The error message I got was subtly different to yours, mine was €œPath/File
access error: '\VB??.tmp'€. Notice that the full-stop, in the file path,
indicating the current directory is missing. This would mean that it is
trying to write to the root directory of the drive of the current
directory.