Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Need help with many changed Hyperlinks

'GS[_6_ Wrote:
;1625872'] Hi, I was looking to see if someone could help me with a
problem with-
hyperlinks. I have an excel file located on my desktop that I use
for church on Sunday mornings that has an alphabetical list of
songs to choose from. Each title has a hyperlink to aMicrosoft Word
document corresponding to its title. Those Word files are located
in a folder on my desktop called Worship Songs.

One day when I went to click one of the titles, it gave me a
message: cannot open the specified file. I then thought about the
hyperlink path being screwed up and sure enough it had somehow
changed. It changed to something like:

file:///c:\users\brett\appdata\roaming\microsoft\excel\Wor ship%20Songs\All%20I%20Need%20Is%20You.doc

It no longer had the desktop in the pathway. Can someone help me
with a step by step fix to this that I could maybe fix the links
all at once? There are way too many to fix manually. Your help
would be most desired. Thank you!-

Why don't you just store the songs in the Excel workbook so your
hyperlinks can just point to the sheet (or range) where the songs
are located?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

How do you store them in the workbook? Is this a quick change that it
could switch each song title so that it opens up its respective Word
file? I've heard of people getting hyperlinks fixed in mass, just not
sure how to do it for mine.

You put the songs in the workbook and point your hyperlinks to their
respective location.

Optionally, if you give the song titles a defined name you can go from
song to song via the NameBox left of the FormulaBar.