Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Customising date format

Hi Terry,

Am Mon, 22 Aug 2016 19:07:06 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

I re-pasted it correctly into the specific worksheet. Then I found
that I could type 23/7/16 into col A and automatically get Saturday
23rd July 2016.

To do this on many entries I use the format painter, yes?

no, each entry in column A will be formatted.

With a fresh worksheet in that workbook I was pleased to see that it
still worked. But if I closed and re-opened Excel and started a fresh
workbook, how would I get it working then?

In a new workbook you have to paste the code again. The code only works
in the book it is inserted.

Regards
Claus B.
--