Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Customising date format

Claus Busch wrote:

Hi Terry,

Am Mon, 22 Aug 2016 18:23:37 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

Thanks Claus. I chose 'This Workbook', pasted it, edited out the 11 in
Case 1, and returned to the worksheet. But how do I now apply it
please? Where do I access it in this complex Excel 365 UI? I found my
macros, but it's not in that list.

the code must be placed in the code module of the expected /worksheet/
not in ThisWorkbook.
Your dates will be formatted when you enter e.g.
23/7/16
Download from he
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2cxlsm
the workbook "DateFormat".
There is the VBA solution as well the CF solution.

Regards
Claus B.

Got it, thanks! Well, I *think* so.

I re-pasted it correctly into the specific worksheet. Then I found
that I could type 23/7/16 into col A and automatically get Saturday
23rd July 2016.

To do this on many entries I use the format painter, yes?

With a fresh worksheet in that workbook I was pleased to see that it
still worked. But if I closed and re-opened Excel and started a fresh
workbook, how would I get it working then?

For time being I'll pass on the CF method.

Much appreciate your unstinting help, Claus.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK