Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Customising date format

Hi Terry,

Am Mon, 22 Aug 2016 17:58:51 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

But, without getting into complicated conditional formatting, can I
not now simply edit the few changes needed? Using F2 on cell C11 for
example displays '31/07/2016'. Must I delete those cells and re-enter
from scratch? Or, as I've done for now, capture them with an OCR tool,
paste and edit?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...el-Dates-2.jpg

it looks like you have all dates formatted with
dddd d"th" MMMM YYYY
That is correct. Select your dates = CF = New Rule = Formula to
determine...
Insert the formula and format as expected.
Download he
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2cxlsm
the workbook "DateFormat" and have a look at the custom numberformat and
the conditional formating.

Regards
Claus B.
--