Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Customising date format

Claus Busch wrote:

Hi Terry,

Am Sun, 21 Aug 2016 17:41:07 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

Now using Excel 365 on my new Windows 10 PC, after 15 years with XP.
(Not happy at having to pay about £5/month for my occasional use, as I
could not get Excel 2000 from Office Pro 2000 working.)

with Excel 365 you can also use CF for formatting the dates.
Format all cells with
dddd d"th" MMMM YYYY
For the special dates then use CF.
E.g. for 1, 21 and 31:
New Rule = Formula to determine...:
=OR(DAY(D1)=1,DAY(D1)=21,DAY(D1)=31)
and format:
dddd d"st" MMMM YYYY
Add new rules for
2, 22 and 3, 23

Regards
Claus B.

For me, that seems the easiest method, at least for relatively few
entries.

But, without getting into complicated conditional formatting, can I
not now simply edit the few changes needed? Using F2 on cell C11 for
example displays '31/07/2016'. Must I delete those cells and re-enter
from scratch? Or, as I've done for now, capture them with an OCR tool,
paste and edit?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...el-Dates-2.jpg

I also tried to use one of the Paste Special options, unsuccessfully.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK