Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] alec.brady@gmail.com is offline

Default Can you lock the column width?

On Saturday, 9 May 2015 14:17:39 UTC+1, Don Guillett wrote:
On Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 12:18:03 PM UTC-5, Nightshade wrote:
I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

What is your excel version. What happens that makes you want to protect width?
Should all be the same or different widths for different columns? EXAMPLES

I'm having the same issue. I want to lock column widths so that users can use a macro to print the sheet (rather than giving them complicated instructions on how to repeat the title row at the start of each page), and I need to stop them innocently changing the column widths and thereby spoiling how the printed version comes out. Now, I can lock the columns, but it also prevents the users from editing the contents, which is not what I want. How do I lock column widths but still allow other things to be edited?

My Excel version is 2010