Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default How do I slant the column headers so they are more readable?

On Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 3:06:00 PM UTC-5, FSt1 wrote:
hi.
slanted header?
right click the cell or range you want slanted text.
click format cells
click the alignment tab.
adjust the orientation by clicking and holding the horizontal line
or by clilcking on the spin buttons at the bottom of the
orientation box. adjust to 45 degrees.
click ok
done.

Regards
FSt1

"Zeffy" wrote:

I've seen docs where the column headers are slanted, and the text
is vertical, but not completely vertical. I can't find how to
create those, or if it can even be done in Excel or Word.

Am I painting a clear enough picture of what I mean?

Maggie in VT

tried the instructions and could not get it to work in writer, what
am I doing wrong?

Charlie

The column headers themselves can't be modified this way, but you can
turn them off and use the top row set up for angled text, backcolor,
and borders to 'immitate' column headers.

--
Garry

Free usenet access at
http://www.eternal-september.org