Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
witek witek is offline

Default Better protection for VBA project?

GS wrote:
GS wrote:
GS wrote:
Of course, there's always the option to go DLL or COMAddin!

I did it about 7 years ago.
I moved all calculation logic to C++
Unfortunately a couple of things must stay in VBA or we simply do not
want client to add anything to VBA.

What I do is more like document facing project . File can be send
around the world.
I can't install anything. All VSTO or DLL requiring registration with
admin right can't be used.

Not even if your installer runs with elevated permissions?

Clients do not have rights to install anything.
They work on virtual desktops and every time they login they see brand
new computer. Nothing stays except data on shared drives.

They other reason is that they do not want to install anything.
They want to open excel file, do their work and send that file to
another person.
I call that iPhone syndrome. One button click and nothing more advanced.

Yes, I get that. My solution for portable apps (run from USB drive) is
to run DLLs reg-free via LoadLibrary(). No reason you can't do same
other than it requires you ship the DLL with your workbook. This clearly
won't work in your scenario!

Aplication.RegisterXLL
It solves a lot of problems with complicated calculation processes and
does not require any registration.

Perhaps you can have someone using a current release unviewable+ lock
your VBA project so you can give it a test drive!?

I will try it when I find a minute free time.