Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Keith[_20_] Keith[_20_] is offline

Default Protecting Cells

On Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 5:49:03 AM UTC-4, Dreamskaype wrote:
Hi all, I'm trying to do something relatively simple seeming in Excel
but Help doesn't seem to be of much help. I need to know how to protect
or lock a cell but everytime I try the protect sheet function under the
Review tab, it seems to protect the whole thing sheet - this seems to be
the case no matter what options are ticked or unticked on the Protect
Sheet dialogue box.

--
Dreamskaype

Lock or unlock specific areas of a protected worksheet

When you protect a worksheet, all cells are locked by default, which means that they cannot be edited. To enable cells to be edited while leaving only some cells locked, you can unlock the cells and then lock only specific cells and ranges before you protect the worksheet. You can also enable specific users to edit specific ranges in a protected worksheet.