Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] jeffreycpackard@gmail.com is offline

Default Can you lock the column width?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 1:18:03 PM UTC-4, Nightshade wrote:
I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

I'm having a similar situation where I want to be able to lock Column A to a certain size. The issue is that I have merged cells in rows 1-6, a table of 46 columns and 100 rows, and then ~40 characters of data in column A below the table. I want the table formatted for the info in the cells ignoring the cell data outside the table so when I re-size the table I dont end up with column A with a width of 34 yet only 7 characters of data.

Is this possible?