Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Emilio Guerra Emilio Guerra is offline

Default Compare numbers based by day of the week and month

Hello, I have to compare numbers based on day of week, since there are many fluctuations between weekdays and weekends.

I have a spreadhseet for March and April, and would like to compare the first Monday of the month in April to the first Monday of the month in March, and so forth.

For example, I know have data for two months, and have formatted my spreadsheet so (don't mind it starting on a Friday):

Date March April Difference

1st Friday 117 487 370
1st Saturday
1st Sunday
1st Monday
1st Tuesday
1st Wednesday
1st Thursday
2nd Friday
2nd Saturday
2nd Sunday
2nd Monday
2nd Tuesday
2nd Wednesday
2nd Thursday
3rd Friday
etc...

Is there an easy way to pull the numbers based on the date, which the data already has? Thanks