Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fn8tt0 fn8tt0 is offline

Default Can you lock the column width?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 7:18:03 PM UTC+2, Nightshade wrote:
I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

What I mean: In Menu Tools Protect Sheet I get to an interface entitled "Protected Sheets and ranges", and if I click on "Set Permissions" I only see/am able to add/delete people, but I cannot finetune WHAT these people are allowed to edit or not....

any help would be much appreciated. I want to lock the column widths in my sheet, but nothing else (i.e. collaborators should be able to insert data into cells, but not change column widths)