Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Calculating my work hours minus lunch break and then adding for weekly total

Hi,

Am Thu, 26 Mar 2015 04:40:36 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

I'm having trouble creating a time worksheet. I want to subtract my start time from my end time, determine if I have worked longer than 4 hours (company automatically takes 30 mins for a lunch break off total if you work more than 4 hours), and then calculate total house worked. I'm having a problem with the lunch break portion of the calculation. I need a formula that will work. What can I do??

start time in A1, end time in B1.
Then try:
=IF(B1-A11/6,B1-A1-1/48,B1-A1)
or
=B1-A1-(B1-A11/6)*1/48

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional