Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Chartobjects protected but it can still be deleted, edited andmoved by the user (yes, the sheet is protected)

On 19/12/2014 10:12, tskogstrom wrote:
Yes, .Chart.ProtectSelection = True works, but will make it impossible for the user to paste the diagrams pptx and docx files.

This is mandatory, so unfortunately it is not a solution.

Not necessarily - you could provide the user with a button that allows
them to copy the graph. I'll have to have a play to see if I have a
similar vulnerability in one of my data charting codes that allows the
user to move cursors to set integration limits. Noone has reported a
fault but then unless you selected and deleted one you might never know.

Martin Brown