Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Formula (or code) return the largest number of duplicates in a list.

Hi Howard,

Am Tue, 9 Dec 2014 07:19:25 -0800 (PST) schrieb L. Howard:

On my computer both run in about 16 to 20 seconds, and I assume with 13000+ rows that is quite reasonable given the calc's it is doing.

the code is faster if you delete the formula column

The first 9 rows on the formula sheet column B have no formulas, I assume that has to do with the use of OFFSET in the formula. Just guessing on my part, but why would it be nine rows?

If OFFSET becomes negative you get an error. Cells F1 value + 1 rows
must be without formula. If you want each second entry you can drag the
formula to B3. If you want each 10th entry code in Worksheet_Change
deletes the formula from row 1 to 11 to avoid the error.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional