Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] daboski4life@gmail.com is offline

Default Can you lock the column width?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:24:01 PM UTC+1, Jacob Skaria wrote:
--Select the range of cells in which the user needs to be allowed to enter
data. Right clickProtection tabuncheck 'Locked
--From menuToolsProtectionProtect sheet. From the list allow everything
except 'format columns' and 'format rows'
--Hit OK (If you need you can assign a password..)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Nightshade" wrote:

I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

Thanks Jacob, you just saved me hours that would have been wasted on trial and error.