Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Need (Excel) formula to make Mark sheet with Automatic Grading

Not sure why you're reposting a 6-year old reply, but...

My "GradesTable" is laid out as follows...

ScoreAvg 0 50 55 60 65 70 75 80 90
PointAvg 0.00 0.50 1.00 1.50 2.00 2.50 3.00 3.50 4.00
Grade U D D+ C C+ B B+ A A+

...so it occupies the top 3 (hidden) rows only of my grades sheet, and
is defined with a local scope name.

The formula I use for 'PointAvg' is...

=IF(TotalMark<"",HLOOKUP(TotalMark,GradesTable,2) ,"")

...and the formula I use for 'Grade' is...

=IF(TotalMark<"",HLOOKUP(TotalMark,GradesTable,3) ,"")

...where "TotalMark" is a column-absolute, row-relative local scope
defined name range that collects values in a 'Summary' module from all
course outline modules to arrive at a final 'ScoreAvg' for each student
in the class list.

Note that all defined name ranges use local scope so I can have several
class sheets in the same workbook without name conflicts. The class
sheet is inserted from a template and so all 'like' areas use the same
defined names.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!